Tuesday, June 7, 2011

A twirly skirt for the birthday girl!

My sweet little Harper turns 7 this Thursday.  7!  Such a little lady now rather than a girl. I made her (and little sister) a twirly skirt for her disco dancing birthday party, which we held in our church basement.


I know its such a cliche, but where does the time go? She went from diapers and chubby hands and bottles to pierced ears and miniskirts and lip gloss in what seems like no time at all. Do you know that song by Harry Belafonte, "Turn Around?" It makes me tear up everytime I hear it...

"Where are you going, my little one, little one? Where are you going, my baby, my own?
Turn around, and you're two...
Turn around, and you're 4...

Turn around, and you're a young girl, going out of my door."

Happy birthday to my sweet, beautiful, confident, big-eyed, freckle-faced Harper Elizabeth... I love you more than I can say.



No comments:

Post a Comment