Monday, June 20, 2011

Naughty Little Monkey

Georgia is cute. She is also mischevious, has tons of energy, chatters the ear off anyone who will listen, and loves to climb. In many ways, she has always reminded us of a little monkey.
So what better fabric to choose for a cute summer outfit than a monkey print? I found this fabric at Joann's on clearance for $1.50 a yard:


And decided to make this romper from this pattern:


Rompers, of course, are better for climbing and jumping and running and all of those things that little monkey girls love to do.


The finished product really doesn't resemble the pattern much, but that's ok. I like the 70's jumpsuit vibe that mine has going on.



I liked the improvisations I made, and Georgia loved wearing it... there was only one problem. I forgot how long she is in the torso, and the romper was undoubtedly tight length-wise in that area. She actually ripped a little hole in the waist section after playing on the playground for an hour.
So, I did what most novice sewers have to get used to doing, I suppose... I pulled out my handy-dandy seam ripper and separated the top portion from the pant portion. I then made what resembled a hot pink cumberbund and sewed it in between the 2 portions. And you know what?  I-- and my little monkey--actually like how the modified romper/jumpsuit looks even better!






 




No comments:

Post a Comment