Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Pillowcase Dress

When Joann's had their 99 cent sale on fat quarters, I knew it was the perfect opportunity to make a pillowcase dress for the girls. I've been wanting to make one ever since I started sewing 6 months ago. I think they look adorable, and I like the fact that due to their billowy nature, both of my different-sized girls can share them.

For the color scheme, I decided to use black, white, and red. The girls have tons of girly pastel clothes, so I thought it would be fun to change it up a bit. For the pattern, I was inspired by The Cottage Mama's pillowcase dress.

It only took this novice sewer about an hour and a half to make this dress-- and that includes cutting time. Not bad! Harper couldn't wait to model it for me. I can't wait to find more fat quarters to make another one... maybe its time for a trip to the West Seattle Fabric Company!






1 comment:

  1. Beautiful dresses and a very creative idea! I only have a boy..... I miss out on all the cool girl stuff.

    Found you at SITS :)

    ReplyDelete