Wednesday, September 7, 2011

I'm Back!

OK, I'm just going to be honest. I haven't felt like crafting or sewing or making things the last few weeks. Why? Because summer finally arrived in Seattle. We've been patiently awaiting it's arrival, and now that a new school year is starting, it's here. :)  It is finally above 80 degrees and the sun is shining. So for the last few weeks, the last thing I've wanted to do (besides clean and cook) is sit in my dining room and sew. Not that I haven't had ideas of things I want to sew, but I've been at the beach, at the park, walking in the neighborhood... even just hanging out in the backyard. When I attempt to go inside to start a load of laundry or load up the dishwasher, this is what seems to happen....

Little Georgia fell off the retaining wall and had to get 5 stitches.

Mason got stung on the foot by a bee.

So really, I just needed to stay outside with my kids and enjoy the sunshine! :)

And now, despite our high of 80 degrees today, September is here, and fall is coming! Gareth and I celebrated 11 years of marriage...


 and the kids started school today.

Mason started 3rd grade.




Harper started 2nd grade.







Georgia started Pre-K.





Soon, the 80 degree heat wave of Seattle will pass and 60 degrees and rain will return, but I can't say that I mind. I'm ready for hot apple cider and pumpkins on the porch and snuggling on the couch and knitting scarves. I'm ready to stay indoors and knit and sew and craft without feeling guilty for not soaking up every second of sunshine with my kids while I can. I'm ready to be blogging my far from perfect creations again... so blogger, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment