Friday, September 9, 2011

Fall Fever

Despite the record highs of 90 degrees that will hit this weekend, I have fall fever. The kids have started school and the calendar reads September 9th, which are triggers for my brain to "think fall." Yesterday I figured that perhaps if I put out fall decorations, the weather will cooperate. For all of you non-Seattleites, you may think a couple of days of 90 degrees out of a whole summer is nothing to complain about, but let me remind you that no one in Seattle has air conditioning!  OK, the grocery stores and Target do, but my home and place of employment do not!  And so, I am willing to try anything to encourage fall to come.

                                                  Like hanging a fall wreath on the door...



Wrapping orange lights and pumpkins around my curtain rods...


Hanging sparkly leaves all over my bathroom...



Sticking pumpkin window clings in my kitchen...


Setting mums and scarecrows on the porch...


And making fun decor out of candy corn and pillar candles...



Come, Fall! Come this way! Come bright colored leaves and jack o' lanterns and honeycrisp apples and "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!" I am so ready for you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment