Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Potholder Project

I love my sunglasses.

They are very cute Betsy Johnson cat-eye sunglasses that I bought on clearance from Marshalls. The problem is, because they were from Marshalls, they did not come with a case. And as my fellow Seattleites know, sunglasses are especially hard to keep track of since we go, like, 8 months without needing them. But when we do need them, boy do we ever!

Typically, my sunglasses are loose in my purse, which is really bad for my sunglasses. They always end up with lip gloss, pen marks, or animal cracker crumbs on them.

Other times, I hunt and hunt through my purse for my sunglasses, and they are nowhere to be found. :)

So I came up with a fun solution for where to store my sunglasses! They will still be in my purse (hopefully), but at least now they will be in a cute, vintage-looking case. A case made from a potholder!
I found this bright striped potholder at Target for $1.99. I cut off the little loop and embroidered it with cute looking styles of glasses that I found on the internet.



After I was done with the embroidery, I simply folded the potholder in half and stitched it around 2 sides using my denim needle on my machine.  Voila! A cute sunglasses case that will hopefully keep my lovely glasses safe for a long time to come.



2 comments:

  1. Hello, fellow PNW'er, although I'm north of you in Everett. Great idea for the sunglass holder. Boy, you are right, when we need sunglasses, we really need them. Years ago I read a fun fact that per capita, the greater Seattle area sells more sunglasses per person than anywhere else in the US. I think it is because we can't remember where we put them since the last time the sun was out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well at least you know your glasses will be protect against kitchen fires! lol love the out come!! tori

    ReplyDelete