Monday, November 21, 2011

Thankful

I love Thanksgiving. I will admit that it's easy to get caught up in the upcoming Christmas season and look past Thanksgiving, but oh how important it is not to! I love turkey and football and family and Black Friday, but more than all of those things, I love a whole day to say thank you. I try to thank God for my life every day throughout the year, but a whole day to thank Him is just cool. This year, I saw a craft on Pinterest that I knew I had to make with the kids... a thankful turkey! His body and head are made from balls of yarn, and his feathers state what we are grateful for.


I also made these leaf coasters out of felt and hand stitched them with embroidery floss-- quick, easy, fun!



I am so thankful for sweet friends from church-- one sweet friend named Beth Rice made these adorable skirts for the girls and surprised us with them Saturday when she stopped by our house. They flare out so perfectly when the girls twirl, and I just love the tulle underskirt!






Our elf on the shelf came out a bit early this year, and guess what that naughty little elf did? He ate all of the kids' leftover Halloween candy! This is how we found him when we came downstairs one morning...



He was sitting in the midst of a bunch of candy wrappers with that smug little grin on his face. I can't say that I minded him eating what was left-- I was getting tired of the kids asking for it and decaying their teeth more and more! And the kids didn't mind in the least-- they thought it was hilarious, and they all thought that naughty elf must have an awfully big tummy ache.

I have one more Pinterest Thanksgiving craft that I am working on... stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment