Tuesday, August 2, 2011

A Georgia Shirt for My Georgia Girl

As you may know, I'm totally obsessed with Pinterest, a website where people "pin" their favorite things.... quotes, outfits, projects, recipes.... on to their own personal "bulletin boards." It's very addicting and very interesting to look at. Anyway, I've noticed lots of map projects like framed maps of where people met and fell in love and map puzzles and placemats. That gave me the idea, since my youngest daughter is named after a state, to make her a state of Georgia shirt. How cute for her to have a shirt displaying where her family is from as well as her name!  I just printed out a Georgia state map from Google images and traced it on to a piece of white felt. After cutting out the outline of the state, I embroidered "Georgia" onto the felt followed by a cut out heart. Then, for the last step, I hand sewed the state to a black t-shirt. Georgia is so proud of her new name/state shirt!









No comments:

Post a Comment