Monday, March 7, 2011

Black Monday

After a busy week and weekend, I finally found a chance to create a couple of things in between loads of laundry. First up... a black dress based on this vintage pattern I found at Goodwill. It was a size 14, and in today's sizes I wear a 4 or 6, but based on the measurements of this vintage pattern it should have fit. Should have. Despite trying to take it in a bit its still kind of baggy. Oh well, I just started sewing 2 months ago, so I guess I'll give myself a break and hope that I will get better at sizing, among other things.

The pattern:


And the dress:


I love the pattern on the black fabric. I found the vintage fabric at Value Village-- about 2 yards for $2. Another great vintage find from last week: these emerald green and black shoes that will be perfect to wear with the dress! I found them at a fun vintage shop near the University of Washington called Valley of Roses. The owner was very sweet and gave us a little tour-- evidently the building used to be Bruce Lee's studio.



I also found this cute vintage purse for 3 bucks there-- maybe not to accessorize the black dress, but it will look cute this summer with a sundress! Cutie-pie Harper wanted to model it for me...



And finally, this evening I put together this choker with supplies purchased long ago. I put them away to "work on later" and totally forgot to do it.


Coming soon... a "Wizard of Oz" Dorothy dress-- Harper was chosen to be Dorothy in her class play, and I get to make her costume!

No comments:

Post a Comment